Teaching & Learning Overview
In collaboration with teachers and building administrators, Alamogordo Public Schools Teaching and Learning Department has the general responsibility for the instructional material adoption process, revision of curriculum maps, approval of all courses offered for credit, and staff development related to curriculum and instruction. Teaching and Learning also support various programs to develop and improve teaching and learning in the district.
Teaching & Learning strives to:
- Set strategy for academic instruction and secondary reform.
- Align all instruction and programs to effectively support and increase high student achievement.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and direction for the overall planning of curriculum, instruction, professional and leadership development, and support programs.
- Use data to determine the effectiveness of programs and initiatives.
Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum & Instruction Department is committed to excellence in teaching and learning. Curriculum & Instruction oversees the implementation of state standards and focuses on instructional best practices and works to provide a curriculum designed to engage and ignite learning opportunities for all students.
- Technology Innovation
- Student Assessment
- Career & Technical Education
- Comprehensive Literacy State Development Grant (CLSD)
- Instructional Development & Evaluation
Assistant Principal- Mountain View Middle School