About Alamogordo Public Schools
Alamogordo Public Schools (APS) has a long standing history in the Tularosa Basin. The school district is the third largest employer in Otero County, with nearly 800 employees. Alamogordo Public Schools is governed by a 5-member elected school board that sets policy and approves the annual budget. Operations of the district are overseen by the APS Superintendent.
There are more than 5,600 students in the district enrolled in two high schools, three middle schools, nine elementary schools, and two preschool programs. More than 1,000 of these students are dependents of active duty service members and an additional 10-12% are considered to be "military connected."
Students from Alamogordo, High Rolls, La Luz, and Holloman AFB are provided educational services via Alamogordo Public Schools. The District has the vision to strive for integrity/ethics and “doing the right thing” for our students.
We care for others, promote a positive attitude and facilitate communication to be honest, substantive and relevant. We build on relationships, and feel that respect and trust are earned, not given. Most importantly our vision includes the need to be a “team player” in your child’s education.
Our goals include:
- Academic excellence,
- The creation of partnerships, and
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of all district resources.
Alamogordo Public Schools Mission
Alamogordo Public Schools will ensure that each student possesses the knowledge, skills, and character to create a successful and responsible life.
The district will accomplish this by:
- Making students our first priority,
- Setting high expectations defined by learner outcomes,
- Striving to meet student needs,
- Utilizing community partnerships, and
- Providing a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment.
Alamogordo Public Schools Vision
To develop an educational foundation for our students to be life-long learners, to care for others, to be adaptable, and to be prepared to thrive in a diverse, ever changing world.
Alamogordo Public Schools Values and Beliefs
- Integrity/Ethical: "Do the Right Thing"
- Truly care for others
- Positive attitude
- Communication: Honest, Substantive, and Relevant Relationships
- Respect and trust are earned, not given
- Be a team Player
Seven C's for Alamogordo Public Schools
- Common Sense