Alamogordo Public Schools is ALL IN to serve, support, educate, and elevate ALL STUDENTS and is focused on ensuring that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become productive citizens. It is important for our students to be well prepared for not only college and/or career readiness, but also the various standardized assessments that students will have to take throughout their educational careers. This year, although challenging, is no different. Students will begin taking their state assessments in April.
The New Mexico Public Education Department will administer the NM-ASR to all eligible students enrolled in grades 5, 8, and 11, SAT to all eligible students enrolled in grade 11, and the NM-MSSA to all eligible students enrolled in grades 3–8. NMPED will hold all schools accountable for participation in the NM-ASR and NM-MSSA.
As partners in your child’s education, we are asking for your support in ensuring your child’s attendance and reminding your child of the importance of taking his/her time and putting forth their best effort on these assessments. Several factors have an influence on their success and below are some simple tips you can review with your child.
- Be in attendance on scheduled days. Students will have their optimal testing experience at the scheduled times with their peers. Please use the attached calendar to plan accordingly.
- Be on time. Students that arrive at school after the tests begin will have to complete make-up testing.
- Go to sleep at a reasonable time to get a good night’s rest the night before the test.
- Wake up early enough to avoid rushing to get ready for school.
- Make it in time to eat breakfast at school or eat a healthy breakfast at home.
Let’s work together to make your child’s experience a positive and successful one. Thank you for your continued support and dedication to your child’s education.
Some schools have slightly different schedules. Find your calendar below to verify your school's testing information.