How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Alamogordo Public Schools!
Find the resources and information you will need to apply for one of the Alamogordo Public Schools' (APS) open positions.
Did you know that the Alamogordo Public Schools (APS) is the 3rd largest employer in Otero County?
That's right! There are almost 900 people that comprise our team to provide the teaching, ancillary, and support services needed for our youth.
Alamogordo Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to serving those that have a disability that may require reasonable accommodation(s). Qualified applicants are entitled to reasonable accommodation(s) during the application and interview process.
We invite you to become familiar with our application and employment process:
External Applicants (Substitutes and Out-of-District)
- To begin the application process, view APS job vacancies, and submit resumes electronically, access AppliTrack from Frontline Education.
- Select Start an application for employment under the "External Applicants" section at the bottom of the page.
Internal Applicants (Current APS Employees)
Option 1: AppliTrack
- To view APS internal positions and submit internal application/transfer form electronically, access AppliTrack from Frontline Education.
- Select Start an application for employment under the "Internal Applicants" section at the bottom of the page.
Option 2: HRMS Employee Service Center
- Complete a Transfer Request in Frontline HRMS by using your Employee Service Center.
- Select My Employment Records then My Employee Transfer Request to get internal applicant priority in job applications:
Additional Information for Applicants
APS Employment Process Overview
Step 1: Applicant
- Find a Job
View online job postings via AppliTrack.
- Create an Application
Applications vary based on the type of position.
- submit2 an Application
All sections of the application must be completed before you can submit it.
Step 2: Hiring Manager
- Review Applications
Review and interview applicants.
- Recommend an Applicant
A hiring recommendation is made.
Step 3: Human Resources (HR)
- Hire Approval
Verifies the candidate has appropriate licensure/experience. Superintendent approves the hire.
- Offer of Employment
The position is offered to the recommended applicant.
- Background Check
The employment process waits until a cleared background is received (Applicant cost).
Step 4: New Employee / Rehire
- Complete Paperwork
Complete employment paperwork with Human Resources and Business & Finance offices.
Step 5: HR / Employee
- Review Paperwork
Review submitted paperwork (e.g., W4, NMERB, Direct Deposit, Insurance, and district forms)
- Final Processing
Coordinate final processing steps and receive an official reporting date.
- Report to Work!
Attend a Connections Onboarding and/or New Teacher Orientation
Human Resources Personnel Support
Phone: 575-812-6033 Fax: 575-812-6069