Holloman AFB School Liaison Program
Student focused…Partnership Driven
Mrs. Laurieann Goodier
USAF Connect App > 49th Wing > K-12 School Resources
Holloan AFB School Liaison Program
The Holloman AFB School Liaison Program Manager helps parents ease the transition of the mobile military lifestyle and can assist prior to your PCS, upon arrival, while at your installation and when you prepare to depart for your next duty station. The Holloman AFB School Liaison specializes in serving all military connected families with PK-12 school age children and is able to provide information about the local school systems and community. The School Liaison will support parents and school districts with interpretation and training on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children. The School Liaison focuses on these 7 Core Areas: Transitions, Home School Support, Deployment/Parental Absence Support, Installation, School and Community Communication, Academic Planning and Post-Secondary Preparations, Special Education Support, and Community Relations, Partnerships and Outreach. The Holloman AFB School Liaison is a military-connected dependent education professional serving as the link between military families and all surrounding school districts, ensuring maximum educational opportunities for academic success.
The School Liaison is committed to outreach, advocacy, and partnership initiatives that generate real-time solutions for military-connected students in grades Pre-K through grade 12 as they face global educational challenges and transitions.
To deliver unparalleled educational advocacy, outreach, and partnerships for military-connected students around the globe!
- School Transition
School Liaisons support transitional issues affecting military connected students and assist in facilitating solutions.
- Deployment/Parental Absence Support
School Liaisons provide families and school personnel with resources focused on parental absence, to include the cycle of deployment and academic, social and emotional impact.
- Installation, School and Community Communication
School Liaisons are installation subject matter expert to Commander/Command Staff/parents for all local Pre-K-12 education issues regarding military child education.
- Home School Support
School Liaisons share information on homeschool issues, concerns, local policies, and regulations of state/local education agencies and connect home school families to their community.
- Community Relations, Partnerships and Outreach
School Liaisons create a network of parents, community partners, and military/civilian personnel to support installation/community and school systems.
- Academic Planning and Post-Secondary Preparations
School Liaisons leverage installation/school resources (e.g., Education and Training Flight) to provide graduating military students’ access to post-secondary information and opportunities.
- Special Education Support
School Liaisons connect families with appropriate resources needed to navigate school systems.
7 C’s of the School Liaison Program
- CONNECT schools, families, and communities to meet the unique needs of PreK-12 military connected students
- CULTIVATE communication pathways between families, schools, community stakeholders and the military
- CUSTOMIZE real-time solutions for military connected students facing transitional barriers and educational gaps
- COLLABORATE with community stakeholders to build a platform for enhanced educational opportunities and partnerships
- COMPREHENSIVE professional development for educators to understand the military lifestyle
- CONSTRUCT a network of extensive resources for building resilient communities
- CREATE a system of support for military-connected students experiencing parental deployment or separation